California broke through with a run in the 14th inning to edge the Washington baseball team, 6-5, in the final game of a three-game series...
California broke through with a run in the 14th inning to edge the Washington baseball team, 6-5, in the final game of a three-game series at Husky Ballpark.
The Huskies squandered a 5-0 lead after two innings.
In the top of the 14th, the Bears loaded the bases and a wild pitch from UW (14-28, 6-12 Pac-12) reliever Zach Wright allowed Brenden Farney to score from third.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
A throwing error in the bottom of the eighth by UCLA allowed Washington State’s Shea Donlin to score the winning run for the Cougars (20-20, 7-11 Pac-12) in a 4-3 home victory.
• Seattle U (17-25, 7-10 WAC) held off San Jose State for a 6-3 road win.
Poulsbo’s Ryan Villopoto secured his third consecutive AMA Supercross championship Saturday night in Salt Lake City to earn his series leading ninth win of 2013 in the 450SX class.
No. 1 Western Washington won four grand final heats at the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
Seattle U finished sixth in the Division-I V8 grand finals.
Seattle Pacific finished second in the men’s varsity four at the WIRA championships.
From team reports.