Stanford beat Washington 4-2 on Thursday to advance to the semifinals of the Pac-12 men's team tennis championships.
OJAI, Calif. — Stanford beat Washington 4-2 on Thursday to advance to the semifinals of the Pac-12 men’s team tennis championships.
Marton Bots rallied for a 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 singles victory, and UW teammate Emmett Egger won in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4.
But Stanford took all the doubles points despite a victory by Kyle McMorrow and Bots.
California also advanced, sweeping Utah 5-0. In the semis, Stanford faces UCLA and Cal plays USC.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
Most Read Stories
Marco Gonzales scattered 11 hits over eight innings and Arturo Reyes pitched a 1-2-3 ninth as Gonzaga (27-13-1) held on for a 6-4 victory over Brigham Young (20-16) in Spokane.
Kristen Allen and Alexie Levin each went 3 for 4 with a run batted in and Jordan Walley had a run-scoring triple as Western Washington (22-22, 11-11) beat Simon Fraser 4-1 for a split of a Great Northwest Athletic Conference doubleheader in Bellingham. Simon Fraser (23-20, 13-8) won the first game, 4-2.
• Guard Jordan Kelley is transferring to Wyoming after two seasons at Washington State. The 5-foot-10 native of Gillette, Wyo., appeared in 25 games off the bench during her freshman year, but missed this season because of injury.
• Seattle U will play three games against international opponents during a trip to Costa Rica Aug. 19-26.
From sports-information reports.