COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Courtney Williams scored 13 points as No. 23 Texas A&M outlasted Washington 74-68 Saturday night.
Texas A&M (6-2) used an 11-2 first-half run on its way to a 36-28 lead at the break. The Aggies jumped on Washington (2-3) to start the second half, ripping off an 11-0 run to take a 47-28 lead.
Washington responded with an 18-2 run of its own, cutting the lead to 49-46 on a Jazmine Davis jumper. After a brief Aggies run, Chantel Osahor completed a three-point play and hit a three to again cut the lead to three.
“We got down by 19, and we could have gotten beat by 30,” UW coach Mike Neighbors said. “Instead we got it back to three, so I’m really, really proud of that. There are lots of positives that we can carry over from that.”
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Davis finished with 24 points, and Talia Walton added 15 for Washington.