COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Courtney Williams scored 13 points as No. 23 Texas A&M outlasted Washington 74-68 Saturday night.
Texas A&M (6-2) used an 11-2 first-half run on its way to a 36-28 lead at the break. The Aggies jumped on Washington (2-3) to start the second half, ripping off an 11-0 run to take a 47-28 lead.
Washington responded with an 18-2 run of its own, cutting the lead to 49-46 on a Jazmine Davis jumper. After a brief Aggies run, Chantel Osahor completed a three-point play and hit a three to again cut the lead to three.
“We got down by 19, and we could have gotten beat by 30,” UW coach Mike Neighbors said. “Instead we got it back to three, so I’m really, really proud of that. There are lots of positives that we can carry over from that.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle cop
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
- Jernard Jarreau leaving Washington
- Deep part of Cascadia fault so slippery sun, moon trigger tremors
Most Read Stories
Davis finished with 24 points, and Talia Walton added 15 for Washington.