What happened About 300 people attended UW's first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium. Trufant sidelined Incoming freshman cornerback...
About 300 people attended UW’s first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium.
Incoming freshman cornerback Desmond Trufant of Wilson High — the younger brother of Seahawk Marcus Trufant — did not participate in practice Monday after the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled it would not accept one of his high-school courses. UW coach Steve Sarkisian said Trufant is a good student and that “this is just an issue that the NCAA didn’t accept a class that his school had (approved) as an acceptable class.” He is retaking a class to fill the gap and could be back on the field in a week or two.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail