What happened About 300 people attended UW's first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium. Trufant sidelined Incoming freshman cornerback...
About 300 people attended UW’s first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium.
Incoming freshman cornerback Desmond Trufant of Wilson High — the younger brother of Seahawk Marcus Trufant — did not participate in practice Monday after the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled it would not accept one of his high-school courses. UW coach Steve Sarkisian said Trufant is a good student and that “this is just an issue that the NCAA didn’t accept a class that his school had (approved) as an acceptable class.” He is retaking a class to fill the gap and could be back on the field in a week or two.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson