What happened About 300 people attended UW's first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium. Trufant sidelined Incoming freshman cornerback...
About 300 people attended UW’s first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium.
Incoming freshman cornerback Desmond Trufant of Wilson High — the younger brother of Seahawk Marcus Trufant — did not participate in practice Monday after the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled it would not accept one of his high-school courses. UW coach Steve Sarkisian said Trufant is a good student and that “this is just an issue that the NCAA didn’t accept a class that his school had (approved) as an acceptable class.” He is retaking a class to fill the gap and could be back on the field in a week or two.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents