What happened About 300 people attended UW's first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium. Trufant sidelined Incoming freshman cornerback...
About 300 people attended UW’s first practice of the fall at Husky Stadium.
Incoming freshman cornerback Desmond Trufant of Wilson High — the younger brother of Seahawk Marcus Trufant — did not participate in practice Monday after the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled it would not accept one of his high-school courses. UW coach Steve Sarkisian said Trufant is a good student and that “this is just an issue that the NCAA didn’t accept a class that his school had (approved) as an acceptable class.” He is retaking a class to fill the gap and could be back on the field in a week or two.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message