Molly Aronsson won the Island Resort Championship on Sunday in Harris, Mich., for her first Symetra Tour title, beating former University of Washington teammate Sadena Parks by a stroke.
Aronsson, 26, from Shelburne, Vt., closed with an even-par 72 to finish at 1-under 215 at Sweetgrass Golf Club. She earned $18,750 to jump from 117th to 13th on the money list with $21,287. The final top 10 will earn 2015 LPGA Tour cards. Parks finished with a 75.
“Going neck and neck with Sadena was really cool,” Aronsson said. “ … I think playing with her yesterday kept me in it. … It’s pretty cool to finish one and two for two Huskies.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Find Your Spot, a 3-year-old Washington-bred filly, made it four wins in a row with a hard-earned 1¼-length victory over Chu and You in the $50,000 Irish Day Handicap at Emerald Downs in Auburn. Ridden by Isaias Enriquez, Find Your Spot ran one mile in 1:35.78 and paid $7.20, $3.40 and $2.60.
From The Associated Press and Emerald Downs.