Molly Aronsson won the Island Resort Championship on Sunday in Harris, Mich., for her first Symetra Tour title, beating former University of Washington teammate Sadena Parks by a stroke.
Aronsson, 26, from Shelburne, Vt., closed with an even-par 72 to finish at 1-under 215 at Sweetgrass Golf Club. She earned $18,750 to jump from 117th to 13th on the money list with $21,287. The final top 10 will earn 2015 LPGA Tour cards. Parks finished with a 75.
“Going neck and neck with Sadena was really cool,” Aronsson said. “ … I think playing with her yesterday kept me in it. … It’s pretty cool to finish one and two for two Huskies.”
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
Find Your Spot, a 3-year-old Washington-bred filly, made it four wins in a row with a hard-earned 1¼-length victory over Chu and You in the $50,000 Irish Day Handicap at Emerald Downs in Auburn. Ridden by Isaias Enriquez, Find Your Spot ran one mile in 1:35.78 and paid $7.20, $3.40 and $2.60.
From The Associated Press and Emerald Downs.