California scored five runs in the sixth inning and went on to beat the Washington baseball team 8-1 Saturday at Husky Ballpark. Cal (19-23, 8-12 Pac-12...
California scored five runs in the sixth inning and went on to beat the Washington baseball team 8-1 Saturday at Husky Ballpark.
Cal (19-23, 8-12 Pac-12) tied the three-game series at one win apiece.
Andrew Ely hit a run-scoring single for Washington (14-27, 6-11).
Golden Bears starter Trevor Hildenberger (5-2) pitched seven innings for the win, allowing just one run on four hits.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Nick Vander Tuig struck out eight in a complete-game victory as UCLA (27-12, 11-6 Pac-12) earned a 10-1 win over host Washington State (19-20, 6-11).
• Host San Jose State evened its series with Seattle University (16-25, 6-10 Western Athletic) with a 7-1 victory.
• Gonzaga (28-14-1, 15-6 West Coast) wrapped up its last home conference series of the season with a 9-6 loss to Brigham Young.
Host New Mexico State swept a doubleheader from Seattle U (20-28, 8-10 WAC) by scores of 2-0 and 9-7.
• Host Western Oregon swept a twin bill from Central Washington (19-16, 13-9 Great Northwest Athletic). Scores were 4-3 and 4-1.
Washington State swept Oregon State in dual action in the morning and finished second to Stanford in the afternoon at Dexter Reservoir in Lowell, Ore.
• Two of three Seattle Pacific crews — men’s varsity four, women’s varsity four — placed among the top two in their preliminary races to advance to the grand finals at the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships on Lake Natoma in Sacramento County. All four Western Washington entries also will row for gold medals.
Eastern Washington quarterbacks Vernon Adams, Anthony Vitto and Jordan West combined for 256 yards and four touchdowns in the final scrimmage of spring practice.
Track and field
Gonzaga’s Lindsey Drake set a school record by winning the 1,500 meters in 4:24.33 at a meet in Spokane.
From sports-information reports and other sources.