Will Harrison of Seattle Pacific set his third school record in as many races this season when he ran 8 minutes, 30. 32 seconds in the 3,000...
Will Harrison of Seattle Pacific set his third school record in as many races this season when he ran 8 minutes, 30.32 seconds in the 3,000 meters at Sunday’s UW Indoor Open at Dempsey Indoor facility.
He broke his record of 8:36.81, set on Jan. 12 at the UW Indoor Preview
Also, two `school records were broken by Seattle University throwers.
Bethany Richards improved on her school record in the women’s weight throw, posting a top effort of 49 feet, 4 ¼ inches to finish fifth in her flight and 17th overall in the event.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Bo Anderson broke his school record in men’s shot put with a throw of 46-10, finishing sixth in his flight and 13th overall.
Western Washington Karis Anderson cleared an NCAA Division II provisional national qualifying mark of 11-10 ½ in placing fourth in the afternoon section of the women’s pole vault.
The 25th-ranked Washington gymnastics team posted its second-best team score of the year with a 195.950, and finished second at the Power of Pink meet in Los Angeles.
Meet host and fourth-ranked UCLA won the four-team meet with a score of 196.950. UC Davis (194.675) was third and Sacramento State (193.925) finished fourth.
UW senior Lauren Rogers finished third in the all-around with a total of 39.100.
UCLA’s Vanessa Zamarripa won three of the four individual events (all but beam) and took the all-around with a score of 39.625.
Seattle University shut out Weber State 5-0 at the Red Desert Classic in St. George, Utah.
Richelle Ashburn got her second win of the season with the shutout.
• Alexie Levin was 2 for 4, driving in four runs and scoring two, as Western Washington (7-6) defeated Black Hills State 10-3 at the Montana State Billings Desert Stinger tournament in Las Vegas.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.