The NCAA tournament's first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The NCAA tournament’s first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share. The networks say that was up 4 percent from 2012.
This is the third season of CBS and Turner’s 14-year, $10.8 billion contract to televise every game of the tournament in its entirety, a change in approach that so far has been a ratings success.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents