The NCAA tournament's first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The NCAA tournament’s first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share. The networks say that was up 4 percent from 2012.
This is the third season of CBS and Turner’s 14-year, $10.8 billion contract to televise every game of the tournament in its entirety, a change in approach that so far has been a ratings success.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?