The NCAA tournament's first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The NCAA tournament’s first full day has earned its highest television rating in 19 years.
The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share. The networks say that was up 4 percent from 2012.
This is the third season of CBS and Turner’s 14-year, $10.8 billion contract to televise every game of the tournament in its entirety, a change in approach that so far has been a ratings success.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners