AUBURN — The race unfolded just like it appeared it would on paper.
Trackattacker, the overwhelming favorite in Saturday’s $45,000 W.T.B.O.A Lads stakes, treated his backers to a 7-length victory.
The outcome never seemed in doubt as Trackattacker, who won his first two races by a combined 20 lengths, opened a clear lead soon after the gates opened.
Trackattacker paid $2.10 to win as the 1-20 favorite and covered the 6½ furlongs in a stakes record 1 minute, 16.19 seconds.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Of the $635,485 wagered to show, $618,883 was wagered on Trackattacker.
“He’s a strong horse and he was pretty much the giant in this race,” said Trackattacker jockey Leslie Mawing. “I’m not going to compare any horses, but he’s up there. Distance will not be an issue for this horse.”
Moby finished second.
From track reports