AUBURN — The race unfolded just like it appeared it would on paper.
Trackattacker, the overwhelming favorite in Saturday’s $45,000 W.T.B.O.A Lads stakes, treated his backers to a 7-length victory.
The outcome never seemed in doubt as Trackattacker, who won his first two races by a combined 20 lengths, opened a clear lead soon after the gates opened.
Trackattacker paid $2.10 to win as the 1-20 favorite and covered the 6½ furlongs in a stakes record 1 minute, 16.19 seconds.
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
Most Read Stories
Of the $635,485 wagered to show, $618,883 was wagered on Trackattacker.
“He’s a strong horse and he was pretty much the giant in this race,” said Trackattacker jockey Leslie Mawing. “I’m not going to compare any horses, but he’s up there. Distance will not be an issue for this horse.”
Moby finished second.
From track reports