PORTLAND — Maximiliano Urruti scored in the final minute of stoppage time to give the Portland Timbers their first win of the season with a 3-2 victory over D.C. United (3-3-2) on Saturday night.
Futty Danso also scored for the Timbers (1-3-5), who were winless for their first eight matches of the season.
At Vancouver 3, San Jose 2
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Pedro Morales scored two goals a minute apart in the first half and the Whitecaps (3-2-4) edged the Earthquakes (1-3-3), who got both of their goals from Chris Wondolowski.
Real Salt Lake 3, at Chicago 2
Joao Plata scored twice in the final 24 minutes, including the winner in stoppage time, to help Real Salt Lake remain unbeaten with a victory over the Fire (0-2-6).
Alvaro Saborio tied it one second into stoppage time for Real Salt Lake (4-0-5).
At Colorado 1, Los Angeles 0
Vincente Sanchez scored in the 20th minute, leading the Rapids (4-2-2) past the Galaxy.
Robbie Keane missed wide of the right post on a penalty kick in the 62nd minute for Los Angeles (2-2-2).
New England 2, at FC Toronto 1
Defender Doneil Henry made two mistakes that led to both Revolution (4-3-2) goals in the win over FC Toronto (3-4).
Houston 4, at Chivas USA 1
Giles Barnes scored two goals to help lift the Dynamo (3-4-2) over Chivas USA (1-5-3).