Russell Maxwell scored with 26 seconds left as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Tri-City Americans 4-3 Friday night in Western Hockey League action at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Justin Hickman, Keegan Kolesar and Ethan Bear scored goals as the T-birds (36-17-2-3) led 3-0 early in the third period but watched the Americans (27-25-3-3) score three straight goals to tie it up.
Taran Kozun made 37 saves for Seattle.
At Everett 2, Vancouver 1 (OT)
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Kevin Davis scored the winning goal in overtime for the Silvertips.
Dawson Leedahl scored in the second period for Everett (28-21-7-1) and Austin Lotz made 26 saves.
Joel Hamilton scored in the third period for the Giants (27-22-7-3).
From Internet reports