Russell Maxwell scored with 26 seconds left as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Tri-City Americans 4-3 Friday night in Western Hockey League action at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Justin Hickman, Keegan Kolesar and Ethan Bear scored goals as the T-birds (36-17-2-3) led 3-0 early in the third period but watched the Americans (27-25-3-3) score three straight goals to tie it up.
Taran Kozun made 37 saves for Seattle.
At Everett 2, Vancouver 1 (OT)
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
Most Read Stories
Kevin Davis scored the winning goal in overtime for the Silvertips.
Dawson Leedahl scored in the second period for Everett (28-21-7-1) and Austin Lotz made 26 saves.
Joel Hamilton scored in the third period for the Giants (27-22-7-3).
From Internet reports