Russell Maxwell scored with 26 seconds left as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Tri-City Americans 4-3 Friday night in Western Hockey League action at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Justin Hickman, Keegan Kolesar and Ethan Bear scored goals as the T-birds (36-17-2-3) led 3-0 early in the third period but watched the Americans (27-25-3-3) score three straight goals to tie it up.
Taran Kozun made 37 saves for Seattle.
At Everett 2, Vancouver 1 (OT)
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Kevin Davis scored the winning goal in overtime for the Silvertips.
Dawson Leedahl scored in the second period for Everett (28-21-7-1) and Austin Lotz made 26 saves.
Joel Hamilton scored in the third period for the Giants (27-22-7-3).
From Internet reports