Russell Maxwell scored with 26 seconds left as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Tri-City Americans 4-3 Friday night in Western Hockey League action at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Justin Hickman, Keegan Kolesar and Ethan Bear scored goals as the T-birds (36-17-2-3) led 3-0 early in the third period but watched the Americans (27-25-3-3) score three straight goals to tie it up.
Taran Kozun made 37 saves for Seattle.
At Everett 2, Vancouver 1 (OT)
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
Most Read Stories
Kevin Davis scored the winning goal in overtime for the Silvertips.
Dawson Leedahl scored in the second period for Everett (28-21-7-1) and Austin Lotz made 26 saves.
Joel Hamilton scored in the third period for the Giants (27-22-7-3).
From Internet reports