Cue the “Dragnet” theme song: dumb-de-dumb-dumb.
Police had no problem fingering West Virginia (make that ex-West Virginia) defensive lineman Korey Harris for his part in a July 12 armed robbery in Morgantown. Seems he was wearing his team-issued sweatpants — complete with his number 96 — when the crime was committed.
• At Fark.com: “Yankees’ players: We will support A-Roid once his punishment for using PEDs is complete. A-Rod: Uh guys, I haven’t said I used … Guys?”
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Nike debuts new ‘I am the field’ golf commercial.”
Flocks of swooping seagulls — or more precisely, their droppings — have become a nuisance during San Francisco Giants games.
Bet they’d pack the place on Umbrella Night.
Probably not on the Brewers’ promotional docket this season: Brawny Crying-Towel Night.
A woman from Rural Valley, Pa., gave birth to a 13-pound, 12-ounce baby that measured 25 inches long.
In a related story, Nick Saban just got his first oral commit for Bama’s recruiting class of 2031.
“A former NFL player was arrested for leaving a toddler in his car while he went to a strip club,” noted TNT’s Conan O’Brien. “But today the NFL commissioner said, ‘I prefer to think of this as the story of a player who still has custody of his child and didn’t murder anyone.’ “
Four quoters’ worth
• Danny Knobler of CBSsports.com, via Twitter, on the Lance Armstrong of baseball: “ ‘At the end of the day, the truth prevailed,’ Ryan Braun once said. He was right. He just had the wrong day.”
• Mike Hart of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, on Braun’s deceit: “He beat Pinocchio by a nose.”
• NBC’s Jay Leno, after Los Angeles produced one of the lowest crime rates of any major U.S. city: “You know why? We don’t have an NFL team.”
• Times reader Bill Littlejohn, on reports that Michael Jordan is having his vasectomy reversed at the urging of his new wife: “He reportedly told the doctor, ‘Just Un-Do It.’ ”
The Miami Marlins went 371
3 innings without scoring — baseball’s longest drought in 28 years — before beating Colorado 3-1 on Monday night.
Talk about cold: Marlins hitters now refer to their bats as frozen Fish sticks.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org