Max Manthou of Kentwood is looking for third straight 4A singles title.
WHERE: Tri-City Court Club and Kamiakin High School, Kennewick.
FRIDAY: Matches start at 8:30 a.m.
SATURDAY: Finals at noon.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
2008 BOYS CHAMPIONS: Singles, Max Manthou, Kentwood. Doubles, Willie Guo and Ryan Cho, Edmonds-Woodway.
2008 GIRLS CHAMPIONS: Singles, Christy Sipes, Gig Harbor. Doubles, Aya Sugimoto and Corinne Wurden, Central Kitsap.
WHERE: Vancouver Tennis Center.
FRIDAY: Matches start at 8 a.m.
SATURDAY: Finals at 10:15 a.m.
2008 BOYS CHAMPIONS: Singles, Davis Mangham, Lakeside. Doubles, Max Franklin and Matt Ellis, Mercer Island.
2008 GIRLS CHAMPIONS: Singles, Brittany Reed, Kamiakin. Doubles, Demi Warner and Alison Welch, Kamiakin.
FIVE BOYS TO WATCH:
• Max Manthou, Jr., Kentwood, won the 4A tournament in his freshman and sophomore years.
• Matt Overland, Jr., Kentridge, took third in last year’s 4A tournament.
• Kevin Kosanke, Sr., Bellevue, Sea-King 3A District champion went undefeated in fall regular season.
• Max Franklin, Mercer Island, won 3A doubles last year and returns this spring with a new partner, Andrew Smith.
BOYS SCOOP: Manthou is the favorite to run his 4A state title streak to three years; the 3A tournament should be more unpredictable.
FIVE GIRLS TO WATCH:
• Meghan Cassens, So., Decatur, finished as 4A runner-up in her freshman year.
• Christina Le, Jr., Union, returns after third-place 3A finish last year.
• Natalie Allen, So., Holy Names, two-time Metro champ took fifth in 3A last spring.
• Julia Galbraith and Nell Shonnard of Bellarmine Prep are the 4A doubles favorites after taking second last year.
GIRLS SCOOP: With Sipes leaving high-school tennis this year, Cassens has a great shot at the 4A title in just her sophomore year. Le and Allen should contend for the 3A title.