So what was it, a flopped salad? The coach of Ukraine's soccer team says 10 of his players got food poisoning from eating bad greens at...
So what was it, a flopped salad?
The coach of Ukraine’s soccer team says 10 of his players got food poisoning from eating bad greens at a German hotel.
• At SportsPickle.com: “Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen expecting their second accessory.”
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Players to watch entering the Seahawks’ final preseason game
Most Read Stories
• At TheOnion.com: “Report: I’ll Have Another injured leg during pickup basketball game.”
Dateline Las Vegas
This just in: Two of the three judges from Saturday’s Bradley-Pacquiao fight have just declared the Patriots the winner of this year’s Super Bowl.
Q: What do Seattle and Miami have in common?
A: They’re the only cities in America rooting for the Heat.
He’s getting caned
After Miami’s worst NCAA regional showing in baseball coach Jim Morris’ 19 seasons — two losses by a combined 22-4 — Morris says Hurricanes fans “are calling for my head.”
“It isn’t true,” wrote Greg Cote of The Miami Herald. “They’d like the whole body gone.”
The royal steed
England’s Prince Harry owns a racehorse named Usain Colt.
To no one’s surprise, he’s undefeated in one-furlong races.
Jag, as in Jagermeister
Jacksonville receiver Justin Blackmon, the fifth player taken in this year’s NFL draft, was charged with DUI after he registered a 0.24 Breathalyzer reading.
Probably not the kind of high draft pick the Jags had in mind.
If high temperatures hit this year’s Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, bet the under.
“Heat causes the buns to crisp up more and the dogs to expand,” veteran contestant Jason “Crazy Legs” Conti told the New York Post, “making a run at the record nearly impossible.”
Talking the talk
• Mike Bianchi of The Orlando Sentinel, after a leg injury scratched I’ll Have Another’s Triple Crown Bid: “I’m thinking this year’s Belmont should change its name to the ‘Unlucky Derby.’ “
• Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey, to the Chicago Tribune, on why there are so few knuckleball pitchers: “There’s not one scout looking for the next Hoyt Wilhelm.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on labor talks breaking down between the NFL and its referees: “Actually, the talks never got started — the referees’ microphones didn’t work.”
• CBS’s David Letterman, on Venus passing between the Earth and sun last week: “The depressing part is it won’t happen again for another hundred years. It’s like a Mets no-hitter.”
Penalty on the play
Three Ohio State football players were arrested for public urination and trying to elude police.
Apparently the Buckeyes’ running game still needs a little work.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com