TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run homer for the Tacoma Rainiers, but it wasn’t enough as the El Paso Chihuahuas won 9-5 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
Tacoma’s Chance Ruffin allowed eight earned runs in five innings.
After trailing 9-0 after the top of the sixth inning, the Rainiers made it interesting as their offense got going.
Jesus Sucre also hit a home run for the Rainiers.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Franklin is off to a torrid start with Tacoma, with eight hits in 15 at-bats (.533), including two home runs.
El Paso hit a pair of home runs in a six-run second inning, including a grand slam by Brooks Conrad.