TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run homer for the Tacoma Rainiers, but it wasn’t enough as the El Paso Chihuahuas won 9-5 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
Tacoma’s Chance Ruffin allowed eight earned runs in five innings.
After trailing 9-0 after the top of the sixth inning, the Rainiers made it interesting as their offense got going.
Jesus Sucre also hit a home run for the Rainiers.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shortage of homes for sale pushes prices upward, buyers outward
Most Read Stories
Franklin is off to a torrid start with Tacoma, with eight hits in 15 at-bats (.533), including two home runs.
El Paso hit a pair of home runs in a six-run second inning, including a grand slam by Brooks Conrad.