TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run homer for the Tacoma Rainiers, but it wasn’t enough as the El Paso Chihuahuas won 9-5 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
Tacoma’s Chance Ruffin allowed eight earned runs in five innings.
After trailing 9-0 after the top of the sixth inning, the Rainiers made it interesting as their offense got going.
Jesus Sucre also hit a home run for the Rainiers.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
Franklin is off to a torrid start with Tacoma, with eight hits in 15 at-bats (.533), including two home runs.
El Paso hit a pair of home runs in a six-run second inning, including a grand slam by Brooks Conrad.