TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run homer for the Tacoma Rainiers, but it wasn’t enough as the El Paso Chihuahuas won 9-5 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
Tacoma’s Chance Ruffin allowed eight earned runs in five innings.
After trailing 9-0 after the top of the sixth inning, the Rainiers made it interesting as their offense got going.
Jesus Sucre also hit a home run for the Rainiers.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Franklin is off to a torrid start with Tacoma, with eight hits in 15 at-bats (.533), including two home runs.
El Paso hit a pair of home runs in a six-run second inning, including a grand slam by Brooks Conrad.