ROSEMONT, Ill. – Sylvia Fowles collected 15 points and 13 rebounds to power the Eastern Conference-leading Chicago Sky to an 80-69 victory Saturday over the New York Liberty.
Fowles missed Chicago’s 75-55 victory over New York on Thursday with a sprained right ankle and was considered questionable for Saturday’s game. She played 27 minutes and helped the Sky (12-4) to its fifth straight victory and fourth in a row over New York with her seventh double-double.
Chicago had five players in double digits, led by Tamera Young’s 17, and increased its lead over idle Atlanta to one game for first place in the East as it chases its first postseason berth.
Cappie Pondexter led New York (6-10) with 22 points.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
In another league game, Danielle Adams had 20 points and host San Antonio ended a four-game skid with a 60-52 victory over the Connecticut Sun.