ROSEMONT, Ill. – Sylvia Fowles collected 15 points and 13 rebounds to power the Eastern Conference-leading Chicago Sky to an 80-69 victory Saturday over the New York Liberty.
Fowles missed Chicago’s 75-55 victory over New York on Thursday with a sprained right ankle and was considered questionable for Saturday’s game. She played 27 minutes and helped the Sky (12-4) to its fifth straight victory and fourth in a row over New York with her seventh double-double.
Chicago had five players in double digits, led by Tamera Young’s 17, and increased its lead over idle Atlanta to one game for first place in the East as it chases its first postseason berth.
Cappie Pondexter led New York (6-10) with 22 points.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
- Seahawks Thursday afternoon notes: Would Seattle let Wilson walk? And Shead officially re-signs
Most Read Stories
In another league game, Danielle Adams had 20 points and host San Antonio ended a four-game skid with a 60-52 victory over the Connecticut Sun.