The Seattle Storm has waived forward Charde Houston, who was acquired last month in a trade that sent the rights to Ewelina Kobryn to Phoenix.
Houston spent the past two seasons with Phoenix, starting 26 games and averaging 8.9 points and 2.8 rebounds in that span. She owns career averages of 9.2 points per game, 3.5 rebounds per game and 19.1 minutes per game.
The Storm’s first exhibition game is May 11 at 1 p.m. against Los Angeles in KeyArena.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
• The Washington track team captured both the women’s and men’s four-mile relay at the Drake Relays in Des Moines, Iowa. Katie Flood, running in her hometown, anchored the women’s team that won in 19:09.31. The men won in 16:21.46 with anchor Izaic Yorks running the last leg in 3:58.
• Washington had two women win in the round of 32 in the Singles Championship division at the Pac-12 tennis championships on Ojai, Calif., before losing in the round of 16. Elianne Douglas-Miron beat Washington State’s Lize Leenknecht (6-2, 6-3) before losing to UCLA’s Chanelle Van Nguyen (6-3, 6-0). Julija Lukac was a 6-4, 7-6 (5) winner over Oregon’s Lana Buttner before losing 6-0, 6-1 to Stanford’s Carol Zhao. Washington State’s Maria Biryukova and Elizaveta Luzina also lost in the first round. In the Invitational Singles division, the Huskies’ Riko Shimizu had two comeback victories to advance to the quarterfinals. Shimizu, who is from Ojai, beat Arizona’s Shayne Austin (3-6, 6-2, 6-1) and did the same to USC’s Zoe Katz (0-6, 6-2, 6-2).
• Cydnee Ceballos, out of McCook Community College in Nebraska, has signed to join the women’s basketball program at Seattle University. Ceballos was an all-region selection at McCook, where she had game highs of 31 points and 14 rebounds. She is a 2012 graduate of Shadow Mountain High in Phoenix.
• Three Western Washington men’s golfers were named to the Great Northwest Athletic Conference all-star team. Kyle Schrader (75.1 scoring average) and Chris Hatch (75.7 average) were first-team selections while Mark Strickland (75.6 average) was a second-team choice.
From sports-information reports.