The Storm signed Samantha MacKay to its training camp roster, coach and general manager Brian Agler announced Monday. The roster stands at...
The Storm signed Samantha MacKay to its training camp roster, coach and general manager Brian Agler announced Monday. The roster stands at 15 active players, the limit when camp opens Sunday.
Guards Sue Bird and Temeka Johnson will be inactive when camp begins. Bird will not play this summer due to knee surgery scheduled for May 9. Johnson will arrive in Seattle on Monday and should join practice Tuesday.
MacKay, a 5-foot-8 point guard, was undrafted and is the first player from Dayton to get an invite to a WNBA camp. She helped lead the Flyers to an undefeated 2012-13 season in the Atlantic 10, averaging a career-high 10.5 points and 4.9 assists as a senior.
“Just to know I have this opportunity to compete at this level is so amazing,” MacKay said in a released statement. “I owe it to all the coaches and everyone involved at the University of Dayton. I want to keep working hard and, ultimately, make this team.”
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Jayda Evans: 206-464-2067 or email@example.com. On Twitter @JaydaEvans.