The Storm signed Samantha MacKay to its training camp roster, coach and general manager Brian Agler announced Monday. The roster stands at...
The Storm signed Samantha MacKay to its training camp roster, coach and general manager Brian Agler announced Monday. The roster stands at 15 active players, the limit when camp opens Sunday.
Guards Sue Bird and Temeka Johnson will be inactive when camp begins. Bird will not play this summer due to knee surgery scheduled for May 9. Johnson will arrive in Seattle on Monday and should join practice Tuesday.
MacKay, a 5-foot-8 point guard, was undrafted and is the first player from Dayton to get an invite to a WNBA camp. She helped lead the Flyers to an undefeated 2012-13 season in the Atlantic 10, averaging a career-high 10.5 points and 4.9 assists as a senior.
“Just to know I have this opportunity to compete at this level is so amazing,” MacKay said in a released statement. “I owe it to all the coaches and everyone involved at the University of Dayton. I want to keep working hard and, ultimately, make this team.”
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
Jayda Evans: 206-464-2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @JaydaEvans.