Jenny Boucek's position will help alleviate the duties of the Seattle Storm coaching staff, which is limited to two assistants in 2010 as a leaguewide cost-cutting measure.
Jenny Boucek was hired by the Storm as director of player development and scouting, coach/director of player personnel Brian Agler announced Thursday.
Boucek was fired midseason as coach of the defunct Sacramento Monarchs in 2009 with a 40-41 record in two-plus seasons. She is a former Storm assistant, on staff when the team won its 2004 WNBA championship.
“Sharing the experience of winning the championship was one of my most memorable experiences,” Boucek said in a released statement. “I am elated to team up with this great organization and community in pursuing another.”
Boucek’s position will help alleviate the duties of the coaching staff, which is limited to one assistant this year as a leaguewide cost-cutting measure. Agler retained assistant coach Nancy Darsch, eliminating Shelley Patterson’s role with the team.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Darsch has experience working with Boucek, making her a volunteer assistant coach with Washington after Boucek retired from playing in the WNBA in 1998. Boucek also was an assistant for the defunct Miami Sol and did scouting for the former Sonics along with other NBA teams.
“We will count on Jenny to work with our players to improve their skills and overall game along with overseeing the team’s scouting responsibilities,” Agler said in a statement.
Agler has four players Boucek coached before leaving in 2005.
Jayda Evans: 206-464-2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org