Jenny Boucek's position will help alleviate the duties of the Seattle Storm coaching staff, which is limited to two assistants in 2010 as a leaguewide cost-cutting measure.
Jenny Boucek was hired by the Storm as director of player development and scouting, coach/director of player personnel Brian Agler announced Thursday.
Boucek was fired midseason as coach of the defunct Sacramento Monarchs in 2009 with a 40-41 record in two-plus seasons. She is a former Storm assistant, on staff when the team won its 2004 WNBA championship.
“Sharing the experience of winning the championship was one of my most memorable experiences,” Boucek said in a released statement. “I am elated to team up with this great organization and community in pursuing another.”
Boucek’s position will help alleviate the duties of the coaching staff, which is limited to one assistant this year as a leaguewide cost-cutting measure. Agler retained assistant coach Nancy Darsch, eliminating Shelley Patterson’s role with the team.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Darsch has experience working with Boucek, making her a volunteer assistant coach with Washington after Boucek retired from playing in the WNBA in 1998. Boucek also was an assistant for the defunct Miami Sol and did scouting for the former Sonics along with other NBA teams.
“We will count on Jenny to work with our players to improve their skills and overall game along with overseeing the team’s scouting responsibilities,” Agler said in a statement.
Agler has four players Boucek coached before leaving in 2005.
Jayda Evans: 206-464-2067 or email@example.com