PHOENIX — Danielle Adams scored 12 of her 19 points in the second half to help the San Antonio Silver Stars pull away to beat the Phoenix Mercury 88-80 on Wednesday.
The Mercury was missing center Brittney Griner, out with a sprained left knee.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diana Taurasi had 20 for Phoenix.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
Most Read Stories
At Sky 89, Mystics 85
Epiphanny Prince’s jumper with 38.3 seconds left put Chicago ahead to stay. Washington had a chance to tie but Ivory Latta and Monique Currie couldn’t connect.