PHOENIX — Danielle Adams scored 12 of her 19 points in the second half to help the San Antonio Silver Stars pull away to beat the Phoenix Mercury 88-80 on Wednesday.
The Mercury was missing center Brittney Griner, out with a sprained left knee.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diana Taurasi had 20 for Phoenix.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
At Sky 89, Mystics 85
Epiphanny Prince’s jumper with 38.3 seconds left put Chicago ahead to stay. Washington had a chance to tie but Ivory Latta and Monique Currie couldn’t connect.