PHOENIX — Danielle Adams scored 12 of her 19 points in the second half to help the San Antonio Silver Stars pull away to beat the Phoenix Mercury 88-80 on Wednesday.
The Mercury was missing center Brittney Griner, out with a sprained left knee.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diana Taurasi had 20 for Phoenix.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
Most Read Stories
At Sky 89, Mystics 85
Epiphanny Prince’s jumper with 38.3 seconds left put Chicago ahead to stay. Washington had a chance to tie but Ivory Latta and Monique Currie couldn’t connect.