PHOENIX — Danielle Adams scored 12 of her 19 points in the second half to help the San Antonio Silver Stars pull away to beat the Phoenix Mercury 88-80 on Wednesday.
The Mercury was missing center Brittney Griner, out with a sprained left knee.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diana Taurasi had 20 for Phoenix.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
At Sky 89, Mystics 85
Epiphanny Prince’s jumper with 38.3 seconds left put Chicago ahead to stay. Washington had a chance to tie but Ivory Latta and Monique Currie couldn’t connect.