PHOENIX — Danielle Adams scored 12 of her 19 points in the second half to help the San Antonio Silver Stars pull away to beat the Phoenix Mercury 88-80 on Wednesday.
The Mercury was missing center Brittney Griner, out with a sprained left knee.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diana Taurasi had 20 for Phoenix.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
At Sky 89, Mystics 85
Epiphanny Prince’s jumper with 38.3 seconds left put Chicago ahead to stay. Washington had a chance to tie but Ivory Latta and Monique Currie couldn’t connect.