LOS ANGELES – Danielle Robinson scored twice on drives in the last 40 seconds to help the San Antonio Stars beat the Los Angeles Sparks 72-69 on Sunday.
“I’m trying to find an angle to get to the basket,” she said of her approach.
Robinson and Danielle Adams each scored 13 points for the Stars (7-6), who have won three in a row.
Nneka Ogwumike led the Sparks (4-8) with a season-high 24 points and 11 rebounds.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Los Angeles made a season-high 23 turnovers.
“ We were staring our targets down,” Sparks coach Carol Ross said.
At Lynx 83, Fever 77
Maya Moore scored 11 of her 25 points in the fourth quarter to lead defending champion Minnesota (11-4) past Indiana (6-6).
Seimone Augustus and Lindsay Whalen each added 16 points for the Lynx.
Karima Christmas scored 18 points to pace Indiana.
At Liberty 85, Dream 78
Cappie Pondexter scored 23 points and New York (4-10) beat Atlanta (9-4) to snap a five-game losing streak and end the Dream’s winning streak at six.
Angel McCoughtry led Atlanta with 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shock 105, at Sky 99 (OT)
Skylar Diggins scored a career-high 33 points and Glory Johnson had 22 to lead Tulsa (5-7) past Chicago (6-7).
Jessica Breland scored a career-high 26 points and Epiphanny Prince had 24 for the Sky.