UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Diana Taurasi and DeWanna Bonner scored 19 points each to lead the Phoenix Mercury to an 89-70 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Saturday.
Candice Dupree added 18 points and rookie Brittney Griner of Baylor had nine points before fouling out as the Mercury (7-4) set a franchise record with its fifth straight road victory.
Penny Taylor, who missed more than a year because of a knee injury, returned for the Mercury and scored eight points.
Tina Charles collected 25 points and 11 rebounds to lead Connecticut (2-7).
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
“We can’t stop fighting and it felt like for stretches tonight we did,” said Sun coach Anne Donovan, a former Storm coach. “We looked defeated defensively.”
ROSEMONT, Ill. – Epiphanny Prince scored 21 points and Elena Delle Donne had 20 as the Chicago Sky beat the Los Angeles Sparks 94-82.
Ex-Gonzaga standout Courtney Vandersloot added 12 points and a team-high four assists for the Sky (7-3).
Candace Parker scored 23 points to lead the Sparks (5-4).