UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Diana Taurasi and DeWanna Bonner scored 19 points each to lead the Phoenix Mercury to an 89-70 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Saturday.
Candice Dupree added 18 points and rookie Brittney Griner of Baylor had nine points before fouling out as the Mercury (7-4) set a franchise record with its fifth straight road victory.
Penny Taylor, who missed more than a year because of a knee injury, returned for the Mercury and scored eight points.
Tina Charles collected 25 points and 11 rebounds to lead Connecticut (2-7).
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Neighbors at war over feeding of crows in Portage Bay
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Seattle tackles drug dealing, disorder in downtown core
- 'Glamping' comes to Moran State Park
Most Read Stories
“We can’t stop fighting and it felt like for stretches tonight we did,” said Sun coach Anne Donovan, a former Storm coach. “We looked defeated defensively.”
ROSEMONT, Ill. – Epiphanny Prince scored 21 points and Elena Delle Donne had 20 as the Chicago Sky beat the Los Angeles Sparks 94-82.
Ex-Gonzaga standout Courtney Vandersloot added 12 points and a team-high four assists for the Sky (7-3).
Candace Parker scored 23 points to lead the Sparks (5-4).