LOS ANGELES – Nneka Ogwumike collected 24 points and 16 rebounds and Candace Parker added 18 points to help the Los Angeles Sparks overwhelm the San Antonio Silver Stars 93-66 on Saturday and extend their regular-season home winning streak to 18 games.
San Antonio (3-8) lost seven-time All-Star guard Becky Hammon to a knee injury in the second quarter. She was playing in her first game of the season after missing the first 10 because of a broken finger on her shooting hand.
Lindsey Harding scored 14 points for the Sparks (8-4), who are 8-0 at home this season and have won those games by an average of 22.3 points.
Los Angeles outscored San Antonio 50-26 in the paint.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
• Tamika Catchings scored 22 points and had six steals as host Indiana beat Connecticut 78-66 in an Eastern Conference game.