Candace Parker scored 32 points and the Los Angeles Sparks swept their best-of-three Western Conference semifinal series against San Antonio with a 101-94 victory over the Silver Stars.
SAN ANTONIO — Candace Parker scored 32 points and the Los Angeles Sparks swept their best-of-three Western Conference semifinal series against San Antonio with a 101-94 victory over the Silver Stars on Saturday.
Kristi Toliver added 23 points in Game 2 for the Sparks, who will play either defending league champion Minnesota or the Storm in the West final series.
Sophia Young scored 23 points for San Antonio, which took three of four games from Los Angeles during the regular season.
Nneka Ogwumike’s basket snapped a tie, and two Parker free throws gave the Sparks a 94-90 lead with 1:44 left.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
Most Read Stories
Sun 75, at Liberty 62
Connecticut swept New York 2-0 to reach the Eastern Conference finals against Atlanta or Indiana.
Tina Charles, the league’s most valuable player, led the Sun with game-high totals of 25 points and 14 rebounds.