Candace Parker scored 32 points and the Los Angeles Sparks swept their best-of-three Western Conference semifinal series against San Antonio with a 101-94 victory over the Silver Stars.
SAN ANTONIO — Candace Parker scored 32 points and the Los Angeles Sparks swept their best-of-three Western Conference semifinal series against San Antonio with a 101-94 victory over the Silver Stars on Saturday.
Kristi Toliver added 23 points in Game 2 for the Sparks, who will play either defending league champion Minnesota or the Storm in the West final series.
Sophia Young scored 23 points for San Antonio, which took three of four games from Los Angeles during the regular season.
Nneka Ogwumike’s basket snapped a tie, and two Parker free throws gave the Sparks a 94-90 lead with 1:44 left.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
Most Read Stories
Sun 75, at Liberty 62
Connecticut swept New York 2-0 to reach the Eastern Conference finals against Atlanta or Indiana.
Tina Charles, the league’s most valuable player, led the Sun with game-high totals of 25 points and 14 rebounds.