PHOENIX – Candace Parker collected 21 points, eight rebounds and five assists to lead the Los Angeles Sparks to their fifth straight victory, an 88-76 decision Sunday over the Phoenix Mercury.
Nneka Ogwumike added 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Sparks, who have beaten their last five opponents by an average of 18.6 points after a 5-4 start.
Phoenix (8-7) played its second consecutive game without No. 1 draft pick Brittney Griner, who has a sore left knee. Diana Taurasi had 23 points to lead the Mercury, which has lost three straight.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
At Sun 86, Silver Stars 84
Tina Charles had 20 points and 10 rebounds and Allison Hightower scored a career-high 23 points to help host Connecticut defeat San Antonio.