PHOENIX – Candace Parker collected 21 points, eight rebounds and five assists to lead the Los Angeles Sparks to their fifth straight victory, an 88-76 decision Sunday over the Phoenix Mercury.
Nneka Ogwumike added 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Sparks, who have beaten their last five opponents by an average of 18.6 points after a 5-4 start.
Phoenix (8-7) played its second consecutive game without No. 1 draft pick Brittney Griner, who has a sore left knee. Diana Taurasi had 23 points to lead the Mercury, which has lost three straight.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
At Sun 86, Silver Stars 84
Tina Charles had 20 points and 10 rebounds and Allison Hightower scored a career-high 23 points to help host Connecticut defeat San Antonio.