PHOENIX – Candace Parker collected 21 points, eight rebounds and five assists to lead the Los Angeles Sparks to their fifth straight victory, an 88-76 decision Sunday over the Phoenix Mercury.
Nneka Ogwumike added 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Sparks, who have beaten their last five opponents by an average of 18.6 points after a 5-4 start.
Phoenix (8-7) played its second consecutive game without No. 1 draft pick Brittney Griner, who has a sore left knee. Diana Taurasi had 23 points to lead the Mercury, which has lost three straight.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
At Sun 86, Silver Stars 84
Tina Charles had 20 points and 10 rebounds and Allison Hightower scored a career-high 23 points to help host Connecticut defeat San Antonio.