Tamika Catchings scored 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Indiana Fever into the WNBA Finals for the second time in four seasons...
UNCASVILLE, Conn. — Tamika Catchings scored 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Indiana Fever into the WNBA Finals for the second time in four seasons with an 87-71 win over the Connecticut Sun in Game 3 on Thursday night.
The Fever, which has won four games while facing elimination during the playoffs, rallied after losing star Katie Douglas to an ankle injury just five minutes into the game.
League MVP Tina Charles led the Sun with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Indiana will play at defending champion Minnesota in Game 1 of the best-of-five Finals on Sunday.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver