PHOENIX — Brittney Griner set career highs with 27 points and 18 rebounds to lead the Phoenix Mercury to a 92-79 win over the Minnesota Lynx on Wednesday night.
Phoenix (8-3) has won four of its past five games while the Lynx, who entered the game in first place in the WNBA’s West Conference, have lost three of their past four. The Mercury outrebounded the Lynx 41-22.
The Mercury also got 22 points and 10 boards from Diana Taurasi.
The WNBA’s leading scorer, Maya Moore, led Minnesota (9-4) with 36 points, two short of her career high.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
At Sky 105, Liberty 100 (OT)
Epiphanny Prince scored a season-high 30 points and Chicago beat New York in overtime to snap a four-game losing streak.
Jessica Breland scored 22 points and Courtney Vandersloot from Kentwood High School had 17 for the Sky (6-5).
Cappie Pondexter finished with 29 points as New York (3-9) dropped its fourth straight.
At Dream 83, Mystics 73
Angel McCoughtry matched her season high with 27 points to help Atlanta (8-3) beat Washington (5-7) for its fifth straight victory.