PHOENIX — Brittney Griner set career highs with 27 points and 18 rebounds to lead the Phoenix Mercury to a 92-79 win over the Minnesota Lynx on Wednesday night.
Phoenix (8-3) has won four of its past five games while the Lynx, who entered the game in first place in the WNBA’s West Conference, have lost three of their past four. The Mercury outrebounded the Lynx 41-22.
The Mercury also got 22 points and 10 boards from Diana Taurasi.
The WNBA’s leading scorer, Maya Moore, led Minnesota (9-4) with 36 points, two short of her career high.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
At Sky 105, Liberty 100 (OT)
Epiphanny Prince scored a season-high 30 points and Chicago beat New York in overtime to snap a four-game losing streak.
Jessica Breland scored 22 points and Courtney Vandersloot from Kentwood High School had 17 for the Sky (6-5).
Cappie Pondexter finished with 29 points as New York (3-9) dropped its fourth straight.
At Dream 83, Mystics 73
Angel McCoughtry matched her season high with 27 points to help Atlanta (8-3) beat Washington (5-7) for its fifth straight victory.