WASHINGTON — Angel McCoughtry scored 20 points as a controlling first half and dominant fourth quarter led the Atlanta Dream to a 63-45 victory over the Washington Mystics on Saturday night, evening their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
Erika DeSouza had 11 points and 15 rebounds, and Aneika Henry added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Dream, who outscored Washington 17-9 in the both the first and fourth quarters.
Atlanta had lost five straight games and 17 of 24 — including the series opener at home on Thursday night.
Before the game, Mystics coach Mike Thibault was honored with his third WNBA Coach of the Year award.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
Most Read Stories
Sparks 82, at Mercury 73
Candace Parker had 31 points and 11 rebounds to help Los Angeles beat host Phoenix, evening their Western Conference semifinal series.
• Indiana will be without Katie Douglas for the rest of the playoffs because of a lower back injury.