Based on an initial report by Fox Sports Florida, which quoted Haywood's former agent Al Ross, it was believed the 13-year NBA veteran was one of the 12 finalists who would be enshrined.
Former Sonics great Spencer Haywood will not be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, which is contrary to a story in The Seattle Times.
Al Ross, Haywood’s former agent, told Fox Sports Florida that he had been inducted. The Times based its story on that report, which it did not confirm independently.
A source with knowledge of the voting confirmed to The Times on Saturday Haywood did not make the cut.
“He remains eligible and will be considered again next year,” the source said.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
The 2013 class will be announced Monday at a news conference before the NCAA men’s championship game.