Based on an initial report by Fox Sports Florida, which quoted Haywood's former agent Al Ross, it was believed the 13-year NBA veteran was one of the 12 finalists who would be enshrined.
Former Sonics great Spencer Haywood will not be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, which is contrary to a story in The Seattle Times.
Al Ross, Haywood’s former agent, told Fox Sports Florida that he had been inducted. The Times based its story on that report, which it did not confirm independently.
A source with knowledge of the voting confirmed to The Times on Saturday Haywood did not make the cut.
“He remains eligible and will be considered again next year,” the source said.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
The 2013 class will be announced Monday at a news conference before the NCAA men’s championship game.