Based on an initial report by Fox Sports Florida, which quoted Haywood's former agent Al Ross, it was believed the 13-year NBA veteran was one of the 12 finalists who would be enshrined.
Former Sonics great Spencer Haywood will not be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, which is contrary to a story in The Seattle Times.
Al Ross, Haywood’s former agent, told Fox Sports Florida that he had been inducted. The Times based its story on that report, which it did not confirm independently.
A source with knowledge of the voting confirmed to The Times on Saturday Haywood did not make the cut.
“He remains eligible and will be considered again next year,” the source said.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
The 2013 class will be announced Monday at a news conference before the NCAA men’s championship game.