Based on an initial report by Fox Sports Florida, which quoted Haywood's former agent Al Ross, it was believed the 13-year NBA veteran was one of the 12 finalists who would be enshrined.
Former Sonics great Spencer Haywood will not be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, which is contrary to a story in The Seattle Times.
Al Ross, Haywood’s former agent, told Fox Sports Florida that he had been inducted. The Times based its story on that report, which it did not confirm independently.
A source with knowledge of the voting confirmed to The Times on Saturday Haywood did not make the cut.
“He remains eligible and will be considered again next year,” the source said.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
The 2013 class will be announced Monday at a news conference before the NCAA men’s championship game.