When the Major League Soccer All-Stars play Bayern Munich in Portland on Aug. 6, the Sounders will have three players in the starting lineup.
Midfielder Clint Dempsey, defender DeAndre Yedlin and forward Obafemi Martins were voted to the MLS starting lineup by fans.
The rest of the MLS roster will be named later for the game to be played at Providence Park. The 6:30 p.m. game will be televised by ESPN2, UniMas, TSN and RDS.
Dempsey is making his third MLS All-Star appearance and first as a Sounder. Yedlin was an All-Star last year, selected by MLS commissioner Don Garber. He is the fifth Sounder to be selected to multiple All-Star games, joining Kasey Keller (2009-11), Freddie Ljungberg (2009-10), Fredy Montero (2009-10) and Osvaldo Alonso (2011-13).
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Martins is a first-time MLS All-Star.
The Bayern Munich club has seven players on its roster who helped Germany win the World Cup. Bayern Munich has 14 players total who represented their countries in the World Cup, more than any club in the world.
NMLS starters for the game (3-4-3 format)
Goalkeeper: Nick Rimando, Real Salt Lake.
Defenders: Yedlin; Matt Besler, Sporting Kansas City; Omar Gonzalez, L.A. Galaxy.
Midfielders: Dempsey; Kyle Beckerman, Real Salt Lake; Michael Bradley, Toronto FC; Graham Zusi, Sporting Kansas City.
Forwards: Martins; Landon Donovan, L.A. Galaxy; Thierry Henry, New York Red Bulls.
From team reports