SANDY, Utah — Thierry Henry scored on a shot to the lower right corner in the 57th minute to help the New York Red Bulls rally for a 1-1 tie with Real Salt Lake on Wednesday night.
New York (5-6-10) has played to five draws in its past eight matches. Real Salt Lake (8-4-9) remained second in the Western Conference with 33 points, five behind Sounders FC.
Real Salt Lake opened the scoring in the 18th minute on Joao Plata’s goal.
Other MLS games
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
At Revolution 3, Rapids 0
Lee Nguyen had a goal and an assist as New England beat Colorado (8-7-6) to end an eight-game losing streak.
Kelyn Rowe also scored for the Revolution (8-11-2), which also benefited from an own goal set up by one of Nguyen’s shots.
At United 3, Toronto FC 0
Bill Hamid tied a career high with eight saves for his fifth shutout of the season in D.C. United’s win over Toronto FC. Eddie Johnson and Chris Rolfe scored to help the Washington club (11-5-4) win its fourth straight game. Toronto (7-7-5) also had an own goal.
Whitecaps 0, at Fire 0
Chicago goalkeeper Sean Johnson made a second-half save to preserve the Fire’s (3-5-12) scoreless tie with Vancouver (6-4-11).
• Simon Mignolet saved two penalty kicks and Lucas Leiva scored in the fourth round to lift Liverpool past Manchester City after they tied 2-2 in an International Champions Cup game at Yankee Stadium in New York.