Sounders FC re-signed veteran goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann on Wednesday, a move that has been expected for nearly eight weeks.
Terms were not disclosed, per MLS and team policy; the 41-year-old Seattle native made $60,000 last season.
• Reign FC has protected 10 players in Friday’s NWSL expansion draft, with the Houston Dash set to join the league in 2014: U.S. allocated players Hope Solo, Sydney
Leroux and Megan Rapinoe, along with Lauren Barnes, Jess Fishlock,
Danielle Foxhoven, Beverly Goebel, Kim Little, Elli Reed and Keelin Winters.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
• Forward Chad Barrett tweeted that he has signed with the Sounders.
• Seattle Pacific men’s soccer coach Mark Collings will coach one of the teams at the MLS combine starting Friday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.