Sounders FC re-signed veteran goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann on Wednesday, a move that has been expected for nearly eight weeks.
Terms were not disclosed, per MLS and team policy; the 41-year-old Seattle native made $60,000 last season.
• Reign FC has protected 10 players in Friday’s NWSL expansion draft, with the Houston Dash set to join the league in 2014: U.S. allocated players Hope Solo, Sydney
Leroux and Megan Rapinoe, along with Lauren Barnes, Jess Fishlock,
Danielle Foxhoven, Beverly Goebel, Kim Little, Elli Reed and Keelin Winters.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
Most Read Stories
• Forward Chad Barrett tweeted that he has signed with the Sounders.
• Seattle Pacific men’s soccer coach Mark Collings will coach one of the teams at the MLS combine starting Friday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.