Sounders FC re-signed veteran goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann on Wednesday, a move that has been expected for nearly eight weeks.
Terms were not disclosed, per MLS and team policy; the 41-year-old Seattle native made $60,000 last season.
• Reign FC has protected 10 players in Friday’s NWSL expansion draft, with the Houston Dash set to join the league in 2014: U.S. allocated players Hope Solo, Sydney
Leroux and Megan Rapinoe, along with Lauren Barnes, Jess Fishlock,
Danielle Foxhoven, Beverly Goebel, Kim Little, Elli Reed and Keelin Winters.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Helmet camera captured deadly Yosemite cliff jump
Most Read Stories
• Forward Chad Barrett tweeted that he has signed with the Sounders.
• Seattle Pacific men’s soccer coach Mark Collings will coach one of the teams at the MLS combine starting Friday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.