Midfielder suffered damage to his right MCL against Chivas USA
TUKWILA — An MRI revealed Sounders FC’s Mauro Rosales suffered damage to his right medial collateral ligament (MCL) early in a 3-1 road win Saturday against Chivas USA.
The midfielder is listed as questionable for Saturday’s 7 p.m. road leg against Real Salt Lake in the Western Conference semifinals.
Rosales leads the team with 13 assists and is a leading contender for MLS Newcomer of the Year. He originally sprained his MCL on Sept. 17 against D.C. United.
“We want him to lay low for sure these next few days and then we’ll take it day by day after that,” said coach Sigi Schmid, who called Rosales “iffy” for Saturday’s game.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
Rosales’ status for the Sounders’ home leg on Nov. 2 is also uncertain.
Joshua Mayers: 206-464-3184 or email@example.com