Midfielder suffered damage to his right MCL against Chivas USA
TUKWILA — An MRI revealed Sounders FC’s Mauro Rosales suffered damage to his right medial collateral ligament (MCL) early in a 3-1 road win Saturday against Chivas USA.
The midfielder is listed as questionable for Saturday’s 7 p.m. road leg against Real Salt Lake in the Western Conference semifinals.
Rosales leads the team with 13 assists and is a leading contender for MLS Newcomer of the Year. He originally sprained his MCL on Sept. 17 against D.C. United.
“We want him to lay low for sure these next few days and then we’ll take it day by day after that,” said coach Sigi Schmid, who called Rosales “iffy” for Saturday’s game.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
Rosales’ status for the Sounders’ home leg on Nov. 2 is also uncertain.
Joshua Mayers: 206-464-3184 or firstname.lastname@example.org