1. Is this the year? The Sounders' wide-ranging goals have taken more of a singular focus and that's winning an MLS Cup — even if...
1. Is this the year?
The Sounders’ wide-ranging goals have taken more of a singular focus and that’s winning an MLS Cup — even if it comes at the cost of other trophies.
2. Is the answer at forward about to arrive?
A team official has been in Spain the past several days to secure the transfer of Obafemi Martins from Levante UD. And what a huge signing it would be with Fredy Montero gone.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
3. Is this a championship defense?
Seattle is pretty set at forward (assuming Martins signs), midfield and goalkeeper. Defense could be a potential concern when it comes to stopping the potent offenses in the Western Conference.
4. Can this team stay healthy?
Maybe it’s bad luck. Maybe it’s having so many games. Maybe it’s playing on artificial turf. Whatever the reason, the Sounders have been plagued with injuries — some have already hit in preseason.
5. What about those other competitions?
Advancing out of the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals is a tall task against Mexico’s best, Tigres UANL. Depth has previously shown that another Open Cup run is a real possibility.