Cascadia Cup action starts earlier in 2013.
March 16, vs. Portland
“Rivalry Week” in MLS will feature one of the league’s best as Cascadia Cup action starts early in 2013. The Timbers took the trophy from the Sounders last year.
May 8, at Kansas City
Seattle returns to the scene of one of 2012’s great disappointments, losing the U.S. Open Cup final in a controversial penalty-kick shootout.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
July 6, at Vancouver
The Whitecaps haven’t won a rivalry game against the Sounders or Timbers since joining MLS (0-6-4). The streak could be at 12 games for this one.
Sept. 29, vs. New York
ESPN will be in town for the clash of titans in the East and West. The teams combined for six goals in the last meeting in Seattle.
Oct. 27, vs. L.A. Galaxy
Playoff seeding could be on the line, just like it was last year, in the final game of the regular season. The Sounders, though, have had serious injury issues in such finales.