Sounders FC announced its preseason schedule, which will include training camps in Arizona and South Carolina from late January to early March.
Sounders FC will begin preseason training Jan. 25 at Starfire Sports in Tukwila. Four days later, the team will travel to Tucson, Ariz., to begin a 10-day training camp. The Sounders will participate in two preseason friendlies in Tucson, playing the San Jose Earthquakes on Feb. 5 and the Portland Timbers on Feb. 8.
Sounders FC will return to Seattle on Feb. 9 and train at Starfire Sports for 10 days before traveling to Charleston, S.C., to participate in the Carolina Challenge Cup.
Sounders FC will return to Seattle on March 2 and opens the MLS season at noon March 8 against 2013 MLS champion Sporting Kansas City.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.