Sounders FC announced its preseason schedule, which will include training camps in Arizona and South Carolina from late January to early March.
Sounders FC will begin preseason training Jan. 25 at Starfire Sports in Tukwila. Four days later, the team will travel to Tucson, Ariz., to begin a 10-day training camp. The Sounders will participate in two preseason friendlies in Tucson, playing the San Jose Earthquakes on Feb. 5 and the Portland Timbers on Feb. 8.
Sounders FC will return to Seattle on Feb. 9 and train at Starfire Sports for 10 days before traveling to Charleston, S.C., to participate in the Carolina Challenge Cup.
Sounders FC will return to Seattle on March 2 and opens the MLS season at noon March 8 against 2013 MLS champion Sporting Kansas City.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.