Seattle's home opener is May 4 against FC Kansas City at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila.
Reign FC will open the 2013 NWSL season with three games on the road, starting April 14 at the Chicago Red Stars.
Seattle’s home opener is May 4 against FC Kansas City at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila.
Twenty-two-game schedules for all eight teams in the new women’s professional soccer league were released Tuesday. All 11 Reign FC home games will kick off in the evening; seven will be played on weekends.
Only a July 3 game against the Boston Breakers conflicts with a Sounders FC home game. Another, July 14 against the Washington Spirit, conflicts with a Storm home game.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
Season tickets are available at SeattleReignFC.com; game tickets are set to go on sale mid-March.
The NWSL also announced Tuesday that the top four teams in the league will qualify for the playoffs, with semifinals on Aug. 24 and a championship game on Aug. 31.
• Sounders FC’s Eddie Johnson, Osvaldo Alonso, Michael Gspurning and Mario Martinez didn’t travel with the team to Arizona on Monday but are expected to join the group before Wednesday’s game against New England in the Desert Diamond Cup.
• Midfielder Lebogang Moloto has not been cut from training camp, a Sounders spokesman clarified Tuesday. The supplemental draft pick recently went back to school to finish his degree and is expected to rejoin the team afterward.
• Kickoff for Sounders FC’s May 4 road game at Philadelphia has been moved up to 1 p.m. (from 4:30 p.m.). An Aug. 10 road game at Toronto FC will start at 4 p.m. (previously listed as TBD).
Joshua Mayers: 206-464-3184 or email@example.com.
On Twitter @joshuamayers