Seattle Sounders midfielder Aaron Kovar will train with Preston North End of the English second division through mid-January, the MLS club announced Tuesday in a release.
Kovar appeared in six regular-season games for Seattle last season and is expected to report on time for the beginning of Sounders preseason camp. The 22-year-old Homegrown Player also has an Irish passport.
“Aaron is a talented young player, and these types of experiences are always positive for development and fitness purposes,” Sounders general manager Garth Lagerwey said in the release. “We’re hopeful that his time in England will be beneficial, allowing Aaron to hit the ground running in training camp with us in Seattle in a few weeks.”
The Sounders report to preseason camp on Jan. 22, training locally for less than a week before heading to Tucson, Ariz., for the Desert Friendlies.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories