Sigi Schmid is in the middle of his fifth season as head coach of Sounders FC.
During his tenure, he became the winningest coach in MLS history in 2009 and has guided the club to four straight MLS Cup playoff berths and three consecutive U.S. Open Cup championships.
Earlier this season he led the Sounders to their first semifinal berth in the CONCACAF Chamspions League.
Schmid answered questions about Mario Martinez’s situation, the outlook for the rest of the 2013 season and more in a live chat on July 1.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home