Sigi Schmid is in the middle of his fifth season as head coach of Sounders FC.
During his tenure, he became the winningest coach in MLS history in 2009 and has guided the club to four straight MLS Cup playoff berths and three consecutive U.S. Open Cup championships.
Earlier this season he led the Sounders to their first semifinal berth in the CONCACAF Chamspions League.
Schmid answered questions about Mario Martinez’s situation, the outlook for the rest of the 2013 season and more in a live chat on July 1.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative