Sigi Schmid is in the middle of his fifth season as head coach of Sounders FC.
During his tenure, he became the winningest coach in MLS history in 2009 and has guided the club to four straight MLS Cup playoff berths and three consecutive U.S. Open Cup championships.
Earlier this season he led the Sounders to their first semifinal berth in the CONCACAF Chamspions League.
Schmid answered questions about Mario Martinez’s situation, the outlook for the rest of the 2013 season and more in a live chat on July 1.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Bob Ernst fired after UW women’s rowers ‘lost confidence’ in him, dismissal letter said