Sigi Schmid is in the middle of his sixth season as head coach of Sounders FC.
During his time in Seattle, he became the winningest coach in MLS history in 2009, won three consecutive U.S. Open Cup championships and steered the club to five straight MLS Cup playoff berths.
He currently has the Sounders on top of MLS with 35 points and an 11-2-3 record.
Schmid answered questions about the play of Clint Dempsey and DeAndre Yedlin at the 2014 World Cup, the outlook for the rest of the season and more in a live chat on July 2.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
- Get rid of single-family zoning? These conversations shouldn’t be secret