Michael Gspurning is in his first year as goalkeeper of Seattle Sounders FC.
He finished the regular season by setting a franchise record with a 0.73 goals against average, edging Sporting KC’s Jimmy Nielsen (0.79) for first in MLS. He also became the first keeper from outside the CONCACAF region to lead MLS in the category, and his average is the third best single season average in league history.
Prior to joining Sounders FC, he played in his native Austria for DSV Leoben and ASKO Pasching as well as for Greek club Skoda Xanthi.
Gspurning talked about his debut season in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and much more in a live chat Oct. 31 on seattletimes.com.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail