Michael Gspurning is in his first year as goalkeeper of Seattle Sounders FC.
He finished the regular season by setting a franchise record with a 0.73 goals against average, edging Sporting KC’s Jimmy Nielsen (0.79) for first in MLS. He also became the first keeper from outside the CONCACAF region to lead MLS in the category, and his average is the third best single season average in league history.
Prior to joining Sounders FC, he played in his native Austria for DSV Leoben and ASKO Pasching as well as for Greek club Skoda Xanthi.
Gspurning talked about his debut season in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and much more in a live chat Oct. 31 on seattletimes.com.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving