Defender DeAndre Yedlin is in the middle of his rookie season with Sounders FC.
After attending the University of Akron for two years, he became the club’s first homegrown player when he signed with Seattle last January.
The O’Dea High product made his debut on March 2 and scored a memorable goal against Tigres in a CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal (second leg) 10 days later.
In June, he played for the U.S. U-20 national team at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks
Most Read Stories
He was named to the MLS All-Star team in July, making him the first rookie to be named to the All-Star team since 2005.
Yedlin answered questions about his first year in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and more in a live chat on Oct. 2