Defender DeAndre Yedlin is in the middle of his rookie season with Sounders FC.
After attending the University of Akron for two years, he became the club’s first homegrown player when he signed with Seattle last January.
The O’Dea High product made his debut on March 2 and scored a memorable goal against Tigres in a CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal (second leg) 10 days later.
In June, he played for the U.S. U-20 national team at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
He was named to the MLS All-Star team in July, making him the first rookie to be named to the All-Star team since 2005.
Yedlin answered questions about his first year in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and more in a live chat on Oct. 2