Defender DeAndre Yedlin is in the middle of his rookie season with Sounders FC.
After attending the University of Akron for two years, he became the club’s first homegrown player when he signed with Seattle last January.
The O’Dea High product made his debut on March 2 and scored a memorable goal against Tigres in a CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal (second leg) 10 days later.
In June, he played for the U.S. U-20 national team at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs
Most Read Stories
He was named to the MLS All-Star team in July, making him the first rookie to be named to the All-Star team since 2005.
Yedlin answered questions about his first year in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and more in a live chat on Oct. 2