Defender DeAndre Yedlin is in the middle of his rookie season with Sounders FC.
After attending the University of Akron for two years, he became the club’s first homegrown player when he signed with Seattle last January.
The O’Dea High product made his debut on March 2 and scored a memorable goal against Tigres in a CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal (second leg) 10 days later.
In June, he played for the U.S. U-20 national team at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
He was named to the MLS All-Star team in July, making him the first rookie to be named to the All-Star team since 2005.
Yedlin answered questions about his first year in MLS, the Sounders’ playoff chances and more in a live chat on Oct. 2