Chad Marshall is in his 11th season in Major League Soccer and his first with Sounders FC.
He spent the previous 10 years with the Columbus Crew and was named MLS Defender of the Year twice and helped the club earn its only MLS Cup title in 2008 with Sigi Schmid as head coach.
A standout for two seasons at Stanford, he appeared in 40 games, 39 of them starts, including the 2002 NCAA Men’s College Cup final.
Marshall answered questions about his exceptional soccer career, his first season with the Sounders and more in a live chat on Aug. 27.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks