Chad Marshall is in his 11th season in Major League Soccer and his first with Sounders FC.
He spent the previous 10 years with the Columbus Crew and was named MLS Defender of the Year twice and helped the club earn its only MLS Cup title in 2008 with Sigi Schmid as head coach.
A standout for two seasons at Stanford, he appeared in 40 games, 39 of them starts, including the 2002 NCAA Men’s College Cup final.
Marshall answered questions about his exceptional soccer career, his first season with the Sounders and more in a live chat on Aug. 27.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media