Chad Marshall is in his 11th season in Major League Soccer and his first with Sounders FC.
He spent the previous 10 years with the Columbus Crew and was named MLS Defender of the Year twice and helped the club earn its only MLS Cup title in 2008 with Sigi Schmid as head coach.
A standout for two seasons at Stanford, he appeared in 40 games, 39 of them starts, including the 2002 NCAA Men’s College Cup final.
Marshall answered questions about his exceptional soccer career, his first season with the Sounders and more in a live chat on Aug. 27.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched