Chad Marshall is in his 11th season in Major League Soccer and his first with Sounders FC.
He spent the previous 10 years with the Columbus Crew and was named MLS Defender of the Year twice and helped the club earn its only MLS Cup title in 2008 with Sigi Schmid as head coach.
A standout for two seasons at Stanford, he appeared in 40 games, 39 of them starts, including the 2002 NCAA Men’s College Cup final.
Marshall answered questions about his exceptional soccer career, his first season with the Sounders and more in a live chat on Aug. 27.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work