Ross Fletcher is set to begin his second season as the voice of Seattle Sounders FC.
Before being hired by the Sounders, he spent the five and a half years as a football commentator and reporter for the national stations BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, covering the English Premier League and the Championship.
For seven years Fletcher was the voice of Derby County for BBC Radio Derby, commentating on the English Premier League and Championship. His most memorable call was the 2007 Championship playoff final in which Derby beat West Bromwich Albion in front of 75,000 fans at Wembley Stadium.
He’ll partner again with U.S. National Team and Sounders legend Kasey Keller, who will provide match analysis.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Fletcher talked about the Sounders’ roster moves, the 2013 season and more in a live chat March 1.