Ross Fletcher is set to begin his second season as the voice of Seattle Sounders FC.
Before being hired by the Sounders, he spent the five and a half years as a football commentator and reporter for the national stations BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, covering the English Premier League and the Championship.
For seven years Fletcher was the voice of Derby County for BBC Radio Derby, commentating on the English Premier League and Championship. His most memorable call was the 2007 Championship playoff final in which Derby beat West Bromwich Albion in front of 75,000 fans at Wembley Stadium.
He’ll partner again with U.S. National Team and Sounders legend Kasey Keller, who will provide match analysis.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
Most Read Stories
Fletcher talked about the Sounders’ roster moves, the 2013 season and more in a live chat March 1.